Emmyon is using systems biology strategies coupled with medicinal chemistry to discover and develop small molecules that improve muscle mass, strength, exercise capacity and metabolism.
Beneficial effects of Emmyon’s compounds in pre-clinical models include prevention and treatment of skeletal muscle atrophy, induction of skeletal muscle hypertrophy, increased strength and exercise capacity, reduced body fat and blood glucose, decreased plasma cholesterol, and prevention of obesity, pre-diabetes and fatty liver disease.
Some of Emmyon’s compounds come from natural sources. These compounds are being developed towards food and nutraceutical products that protect and improve muscle mass, function and metabolism in healthy individuals. Emmyon is also discovering and developing novel chemical entities as pharmaceuticals for skeletal muscle atrophy, obesity, diabetes, and fatty liver disease. The company is pursuing applications in both humans and animals.
For additional information, please see the links to our publications below:
- mRNA Expression Signatures of Human Skeletal Muscle Atrophy Identify a Natural Compound that Increases Muscle Mass
- Ursolic Acid Increases Skeletal Muscle and Brown Fat and Decreases Diet-Induced Obesity, Glucose Intolerance and Fatty Liver Disease
- Systems-based Discovery of Tomatidine as a Natural Small Molecule Inhibitor of Skeletal Muscle Atrophy
- Use of mRNA Expression Signatures to Discover Small Molecule Inhibitors of Skeletal Muscle Atrophy
- Identification and Small Molecule Inhibition of an ATF4-dependent Pathway to Age-related Skeletal Muscle Weakness and Atrophy